Inspiration Begins Early
Alice from Brunch and Bakes has always had a love for baking. Being in the kitchen as a little girl with her mum, Alice said that she would wait impatiently for her mum to finish making a chocolate cake so she could lick the beaters clean, also my favourite part of baking! Her passion for baking has stayed strong ever since.
All of Alice's recipes have come from her mum, who has always been her inspiration and mentor in the kitchen. Acquiring many skills from her mum, Alice's greatest love is baking cupcakes.
Her favourite recipe is a cupcake recipe from The PWMU Centenary Cookbook. The recipe that she has used ever since she began baking and has never failed her. Alice says, "the trick is the teaspoon of cinnamon, and I love adding a bit of cinnamon in the icing as well."
Alice has shared this recipe and hopes that you will love these cupcakes as much as she does.
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbs milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar and add the vanilla
- Lightly beat the eggs and gradually add them to the butter and sugar mixture
- Combine the cinnamon and flour
- Add the milk and sifted flour/cinnamon alternately
- Spoon into greased patty pan tins or paper cases and bake for 10-15 minutes
Alice uses Instagram as a platform to share her love of baking with others. Her photography and baking skills are heartening.
Follow Alice on Instagram @brunch.and.bakes for more baking inspiration.